More Fun with Yellow Ball Tennis Campís
Yellow Ball Tennis Campís
proprietary 2on2 Challenge
is a fun and competitive program that introduces singles and doubles match play in a practical format. We were inspired to create this program because we identified a need to elevate the overall level of pre-college tennis competition. Throughout the Yellow Ball Tennis Camp
season, every camper has the opportunity to experience 2on2 Challenge
format on a daily basis.
And now weíre taking it to the next level by offering 2on2 Challenge events all year long, at clubs all over Ohio and the Midwest. Each 2on2 Challenge is a 1 or 2-day junior tennis tournament for boys and girls ages 8-18, all skill levels. Any 2-person team can enter. Itís a great opportunity for young tennis players to gain competitive experience in a fun, non-threatening environment.
Elevating the Level of Competition
The ď2on2Ē Challenge has proven effective in assisting players to improve singles and doubles strategy while learning the important aspects of becoming a good "team player." Many younger players never have the opportunity to compete, or if so, donít have a chance to experience the fun and rewards of team play. They may find themselves playing singles during the regular season and teaming up with a partner for a sectional tournament at the end of the season. Other players join a school team based on their singles ability, but then are required to play doubles all season. The ability to play both singles and doubles provides greater options for both players and coaches.
- Creating a 2-person team makes it easy for players to participate and yet encourages the team concept. Teaming up at first with a friend is often less threatening for many players. It also presents the opportunity for players to learn to bond with a partner, creating lifetime friendships and learning valuable life lessons.
- The primary goal of the format is to place emphasis on playing matches and working together. If we teach this concept to children from the time they are young, it will enrich and elevate the level of both high school and college tennis.
- Players partner up and enter the Challenge.
- Each player plays both singles and doubles. Teams submit a lineup prior to the start of the team match to determine who will play #1 singles and #2 singles.
- If a tie occurs within any division at the end of the Championships, a "Super Serving Sudden Death Playoff" takes place. Each player is permitted to serve 10 serves to the deuce court and 10 serves to the add court. The player with the most number of serves "in" wins.
- 13 and under / Recreational
- 13 and under / Competitive
- 14 and over / Recreational
- 14 and over / Competitive
Final determination of playing level (Recreational or Competitive) will be at the discretion of the Tournament Director. Age is based on the oldest playerís age as of the event date.
Ready to get the ball in play?
2on2 Challenge dates and locations are being announced regularly all over the state of Ohio and the Midwest. Click here for a list of currently scheduled events.
Would you like to host a 2on2 Championship?
Or a Yellow Ball Tennis Camp?
Weíre always looking for additional locations for our Camps and 2on2 Challenge Tournaments. If youíd like to discuss this opportunity, contact us.